Re: [ga] Confused by registrar sale of deleting domains...

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Confused by registrar sale of deleting domains...
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:47:43 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I stand ashamed that I am powerless to move people further in this regard. You are quite right. Kofeltian logic teaches us that with rights come responsibilites and with priviledges come duties & they are directly corresponding. Hence while it is ICANNs and DoCs duty to enforce their standards it is also my duty to make and create an environment where inequity is brought to sunshine and eradicated.
Can you bring to light numbers of people effected. Number of names effected. Also some estimated dollar values. While I try not to scream wolf, I do have some ears of some good people who will care but numbers are their bread and butter and they love polls.

Sincerely,
Eric

Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric

We have a policy here (EDDP) which is being systematically flouted, and ICANN is not enforcing its own policy or its Agreement with its accredited registrars. This policy is only 2 days old and it is already dead in the water.

If some registrars choose just to ignore this policy, where does this leave all the other registrars?

Why shouldn't ALL the registrars ignore the policy?

We are talking about a WORLD resource here - I don't need to tell YOU (of all people) that.

ICANN and DOC are proving before the whole world why they should not have responsibility for this resource.

With power goes responsibility.

Richard