Re: [ga] Re: RFC s/gTLDs

On 2004-10-26 20:26:05 -0700, Danny Younger wrote:

> If you are concerned by the policy aspects of this issue and are
> not currently a Constituency member, I would suggest that you
> contact an ICANN Advisory Committee (such as the ALAC) that can
> begin a policy-development process in the GNSO Names Council by
> calling for creation of an Issue Report -- they might actually be
> pleased to get some mail from a member of the public, and it
> might be nice to actually see them doing something other than
> preparing new nesting grounds for ISOC chapters :)

FWIW, this is a battle against JavaScript and VB c0derz who don't
know what they are doing, and certainly won't care about ICANN
policies or RFCS.

As I said earlier, what this problem needs is flooding the market
for address verifiers with good code that people can just take and
use.  You won't solve this problem on the policy level.

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.