Re: [ga] Phoenix Project

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Phoenix Project
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Henderson,

And so it has come to pass. A proof positive that there is neither an inside nor outside group representing the netizen. Bottom up or imposed by top down has failed. This ALAC is a good example as is the IDNO, for different reasons. I need only say "independent-regional at-large groups" to show the rest of the story.

I know that you would want complete and rightful autonomy for such a group here with a full right to board seats.

I would simply want a cohesive voice using all of criteria of the GA in 2002. This would not be a ressurection of the GA but a continuation, a simple request from GNSO council members would accomplish such a goal.

This new and improved voice of the General Assembly can be a great benefit for those making and deciding policies and committments for their own constituencies. A testing ground for ideas that will conitinue to arise like wls's or spam or IPv9s or transfers and allocations.

It is time that the dotcommoner stop trying to force its will upon the corps and boards and create an atmosphere of attraction rather than demands. It is time that we focused on education from the bottom up and provide the University of Consumers for enrollment by the producers. Someone once said, "education is marketing and marketing is education".

Eric

Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You are right - there is no 'pulse'... no lively interaction, no openness and involvement of hundreds or thousands of actual users, no debate and dialogue, no individual democracy... internet users themselves have *not* been involved... it is simply a management structure within someone else's organisation

ALAC is stillborn

(It was only ever a project devised by Esther and Denise to 'claim' legitimacy for the ICANN reforms... (you may recall those 'reforms'... the expulsion of the elected members of the At Large from the ICANN Board)

Richard Henderson