Re: [ga] Saga

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Saga
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:27:07 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  I think it is very odd for Thomas to be saying what he is saying now
about
the DNSO GA as compared to what I originally said and strongly so
when the GA forum was disowned by the ICANN BoD and Staff...
Can you say Flip-flop??

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    The following is taken from ICANNWatch;
> Thomas Roessler has closed the ICANN-Europe mailing list. Once a
> low-traffic, hiqh quality talking shop to discuss .eu and other
> issues, it had (like so much discussion about ICANN in the wake of the
> takeover) become moribund.
>
> The text of the final message follows
>

> Hello,
>
> this is the final message to the icann-europe list; the list will be
> shut down when this message has been distributed. (Yes, I said I'd
> shut it down last January...)
>
> To stay informed about ICANN, I recommend that you regularly visit the
> following weblogs:
>
> * Chris Ambler   at http://onthenet.ambler.net/
> * Karl Auerbach  at http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog/
> * Susan Crawford at http://scrawford.blogware.com/
> * Bret Fausett   at http://blog.lextext.com/blog
> * Ross Rader     at http://www.byte.org/blog
> * Wendy Seltzer  at http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/
> * myself         at http://log.does-not-exist.org/
>
> An aggregator that pulls together most of these blogs is at
> <http://aggregator.does-not-exist.org/>.
>
> For public discussions about ICANN, ICANNwatch at
> http://www.icannwatch.org/ is probably the best place.
>
> Sadly, I'm not aware of any public mailing lists for informed
> discussion about ICANN and across constituency boundaries at this
> point of time. During the reform process, we had hoped the GNSO's GA
> list could fulfill that function; unfortunately, I can't recommend
> joining that list to anyone.
>
> If you want to channel input into ICANN, you're always welcome to
> write to the At-Large Advisory Committee (of which I'm a member and
> the liaison to the GNSO Council) at <forum(at)alac.icann.org>.
>

> I just find this Roessler Charactar amazing. How as Chair of the GA
> did he work with the GNSO to destroy the assembly and now claim a hope
> for the list. It was he himself that destroyed all hope of the GA
> helping to get some stakeholder interest involved in ICANN. Hell, he
> is the guy that destroyed the archives. And acting chair took on the
> role of the Bullshit At-large yes man liason. This guy is a
> bookburning fascist manipulator.
>
> Eric

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx