Re: [ga] MINC letter to ICANN on Polish cctld posting of the Arabic language...

  • To: Ibelimited1@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] MINC letter to ICANN on Polish cctld posting of the Arabic language...
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 06:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then please tell us what this atrocity is that you speak of and why it puts ICANN in bad light in the Arab world.
eric

Ibelimited1@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 6/4/2004 4:29:47 AM GMT Standard Time, hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I am sorry I missed something here.  I read you to mean that it is offensive to an Arab for someone other than an Arab to speak Arabic.  If that is what you meant you are in for a big surprise in the real world. There are probably many non arabs that know more about being an Arab than you do. I hope I can still speak Spanish even though I come from the "new world". Or wait am I included in non-english speaking because I can speak in non-english? I once sat in a board room with a Japanese man translating Spanish into Mandarin and the board room was in Mexico. Of course the German sitting there was laughing but he got his cotton shipped from somewhere to somewhere else so it could be woven into clothe which was shipped somewhere else before going to Italy as shirts. If you think race or color or religion or location gives a group a monopoly on language you need to grow up. Next you are going to tell me only men can do certain jobs or go to school.

Yes you did miss the point, entirely.

best

Khaled