Re: [ga] ICANN Budget

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Budget
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:15:47 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Too much water under the bridge for your rehashed suggestion
to work or be even to a small degree successful.  This would have
worked as I originally recommended in 1998.  But not likely to now.
Besides according to the ICANN BoD and staff, the ALAC is
the vehicle for membership which we all here know and have known
is a farce...

 Once the GA was disbanded after many attempts to keep it
going, real and meaningful membership was lost as far as
a legitimate part of ICANN...

  For instance Eric, Thomas or whomever is now responsible for
this forum can't even fix or keep the archives up and working
properly... See:http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/ga/

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>   That is the whole point by doing what I suggest they would kill two
> birds with one stone.
> Credibility by membership.
> Budget by dues.
>
> Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
> stakeholder/users,
>
> The reason is simple Eric. It has been stated repeatedly, people don't
>
> like ICANN because of it's corrupt practices, and lack of even some,
> creditability to any honest person...
>
> Hugh Dierker wrote:
>
> > Membership.
> >
> > I was looking through all the "dues" I have paid to non-profit orgs.
>
> > Nature Conservancy, Sierra Club, Church, Hospital Auxillary, Feed a
> > Child. And then I looked at all my subscription fees, Posts and
> > Tribunes and Websites.
> > And I said to myself, "Why doesn't ICANN do the same thing and
> correct
> > the budget deficit that they will have over the next year". None of
> > the above deny contribution of energy, time or opinion to
> non-members.
> > It does not make it an exclusive club. People contribute because
> they
> > believe in the purpose and derive some benefit out of their society
> > doing better. It is also tax deductible. And you can put it on your
> > resume. Amounts can vary and only the fact that you are a card
> > carrying member is known.
> > Economic capture is not present in the above mentioned non-profit
> > orgs, so why would it be here.
> >

> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
>
> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> Pierre Abelard
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
> E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Registered Email addr with the USPS
> Contact Number: 214-244-4827

    Pierre Abelard