Re: [ga] Ex-cybersecurity czar blasts Bush's efforts

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Ex-cybersecurity czar blasts Bush's efforts
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:15:16 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You know my ex-wife called me on 911 crying and told me to get on line and on TV. And of course I threw on the radio. I will never forget the attack on technology and a free way of life. There are criminals out there. They attack what we have built. I am not easy to rile but I have a long memory.

Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

Actually contributing in any meaningful was requires real effort,
which
from what I have observed on this forum is not frequently done by
some subscribers. Contributing also usually means taking personal
responsibility which also in my observation on this forum is at
a low ebb, and has been for some time.

Conflicts of personality seem on the other hand seem to me to
be of paramount importance to quite a few subscribers on this
forum...

So I am humbled by Richard Clarks lead and reasonable concerns
which all of us should not only pay close attention to, but also take
personal action to address.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Now Mr. Williams and I don't see eye to eye on all issues. But he
> seems to be right on a roll here. (sorry that is a gambling with dice
> term for those of you never in Morrocco) He has his finger on the
> pulse (sorry that is an EMT metaphor for a living folk) We first touch
> their throat to feel for a pulse. Well somebody is alive and kicking
> and oriented times three. (sorry that is a term we use like code blue)
> it means someone is ambulatory enough to telll condition or personage,
> time and place.
> Point is: half a ya is dead. You are a flatline on the monitor. Get up
> and contribute!
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
> All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,
>
> Seems that that Richard Clark, former cybersecurity czar has charged
> and also provided good evidence and information to support a lack of
> good process and product in cybersecurity..
> See:http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?a
> ticleid=28506&printerfriendlyVers=1&
>
> Now it also seems that after Mr. Clarks resignation, congress has
> decided
> Richard Clark was right, and is proposing legislation to create an
> "assistant-secretary
> level" position for this post... And further this is being put forward
>
> by republican
> members of the house...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup ppLLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders
> strong!)
>
> "Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
> Pierre Abelard
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
> IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
> E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Registered Email addr with the USPS
> Contact Number: 214-244-4827

> http://mail.yahoo.com