[ga] Communication

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Communication
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:47:44 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An old guy named Dr. John Herron, I figure he designed the circle project. For those of you uninformed. The first interactive computers enciricled Nuclear testing. They were on US Naval ships. Oh sure I helped my sisters punch out little cards up at Mars observatory. (Yes that is where Lowell dicovered Mars using computers and cameras, he was cool) We were using a binary methodology. All input was manual and the computers filled full rooms.
Anyhow Dr. Herron later on taught me that garbage in will create garbage out.
...---... you can also use that using a flag system it is telegraph speak for SOS. This generally means ship out of Service. I had to learn Metaphor, (funny name) as a color
guard, Those are the boys and girls that carry our country and state flags at ceremonys. Any real pilot can do it with her fingers in time of crisis. So this is how we communicate when all systems fail.
Point is; Communication takes many forms, language becomes relevant only insofar as learning a culture. As netizens we are honor and duty bound to not harm anyones ability to communicate. Censorship or viruses are a desicration of morality.