Re: [ga] Containment

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Containment
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 20:21:20 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Webmaster <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  However your reference below is a virus of a medical sort, which is a
much
different and differently addressed issue, although there are some small

similarities...

  What is of concern and at issue is this forum, managed by ICANN
has not and seems will not address the fact that preventative measures,
in terms of available software such as SPF for instance, is not deployed

to prevent the vast majority of these verii from infecting
stakeholders/users
and other critical infrastructure networks and systems.  As such the
gross irresponsibility is inexcusable...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Here is an example of containment of a major virus.
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=571&nc
> d=751&e=3&u=/nm/20040506/hl_nm/birdflu_vietnam_dc
>
> It is a proactive stance, with a decent public relations exploitation
> (ie marketing).
> Tourism is up. Confidence is up. And investment is up. Providing for
> security, reliability and accessibility creates an environment for
> health- as in economic prosperity. Every time we do something well we
> create infusion of capital, thereby creating more jobs and increasing
> a standard of living for dotcommoners.
>
> My father, Dr. Dierker spent a lifetime in public health, assistant
> deputy surgeon general under president Johnson, Ivory coast liason for
> health and Native American coordinator for health services, and Public
> Health Director for Coconino County.
> But I will be doggoned if about 15 years ago he did not publish an
> article in the New England Journal of Medicine, suggesting that maybe
> allowing the thinning of the herd just might be the most natural and
> wise thing. Natural selection. Allowing those that are feable and
> feable minded to die. Rather Darwinian.
>
> Perhaps spreading viruses is productive. It keeps the less intelligent
> out of the gene pool of the internet.
>

> OTOH perhaps not. You see that same father saved me during childbirth
> and then adopted me. A surgeon committed to saving life and then
> providing for it.
>
> Choices and responsibility.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx