Re: [ga] Yet more on the UN "running" the internet...

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Yet more on the UN "running" the internet...
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:33:42 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric, and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Idoits abound within the UN.  This much is certain given the UN's
recent
history... Egos's within the UN staff and other UN organizations are
certainly enormous, much like within the ICANN BoD and Staff...
Strange and not good bedfellows, ICANN and the UN...  However
the ISOC, a proxy for ICANN at times could be used as a conduit
for ICANN.