[ga] Education is Marketing

So I read this stuff as posted here by our members and came away with a better understanding about these matters.  Yes, now I would be more inclined to "buy" what these folks are selling.  This little education went a ways in marketing the ideas of UN involvement and sTLDs.
It also brings up the review of so many diverse worldwide "community" based atlarge type groups and special interest sites, almost all of which are "powered by advertising" on the sites. And again we must ask "who markets for the little guy?" - dotcommoner. Probably no one, except maybe his wallet.

  Mr. Williams wrote
"Yet another chartered TLD or sTLD proposed with an
interesting twist...
See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/36546.html
and  http://www.spamhaus.org/tld/index.html
others comments:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/23/1450212&tid=111
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=04/03/25/2254234

  I believe ICANN will be approving this chartered  TLD
so a to give the impression that ICANN is trying to address
spam in some meaningful way, and that could be spun as
good Marketing, but poor education IMHO.."

Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was at the UN gathering and I would not say that either of the
points in the subject was true.
{referrring to a UN power grap causing demise of ICANN}
It was not clear to me that the UN, as a body, wants the internet
government job or headache, nor is it clear that there is any sort of
feeling, that ICANN should be dismantled, restructured, or retained. My
own sense is that the music is just starting for a dance of glaciers -
slow, irressistable, unpredicatable, and woe to the non-glacier who gets
stuck in the middle.
{Snippage}
During the meeting there was a rhinoceros of an undiscussed issue standing
in the corner - Globalization.

--karl--