Re: [ga] ICANN Ombudsman??

On Dec 8, 2003, at 3:36 AM, Sandy Harris wrote:

George Kirikos wrote:

I find it interesting that he said folks can go to an ICANN ombudsman.
According to:
http://www.icann.org/general/jobs.htm
ICANN is still looking for one. And in the minutes of September 9,
2003:
http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-09sep03.htm
they had hoped to begin recruiting soon.

Methinks Karl would be the obvious candidate :-)

Except that I suspect the ombudsman will have little
real ability to change things.

Surely, since UDRP complainants are allowed to chose their provider, that people with problems with ICANN will be allowed to chose THEIR ombudsman?

Level playing field, goose, gander, etc.