Re: [ga] hello again - ICANN yet again failing...

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, Clyde Ensslin <censslin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jane Coffin <jcoffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robin Layton <RLayton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] hello again - ICANN yet again failing...
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 02:44:58 -0800
  • Cc: icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN BC list <BClist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Hill <richard.hill@xxxxxxx>, jais@xxxxxxxx, sard@xxxxxxxx, mikey@xxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sotiris and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  It has been long past time to rein in ICANN in it's present form.
Many of us here have know that for some time...

  The UN or the ITU is not the answer either.  The ITU is a money
grubbing hole in the globe that cannot seem to even understand
that english, not Portuguese is the international language.  The UN
via the WTO is also not favorable or the answer because of
many reasons that have been discussed on this forum.  But
predominantly because the ITU has lost favor with Asia and
the EU of late, and has been loosing it's traction with the
US for several years now...

  ICANN's, the ITU's and the WTO's central and remaining
biggest problem remains that they are Top-Down, and not
bottom up and transparent enough to be successful.  So
stakeholders/users, or the consumers, are not directly
involved in policy determination, and therefore are
sick and tired of the run around and are taking action
or actions where and when they can.  They shall not
rest unless or until this dynamic changes and does
so dramatically...

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> I read this the other day and I meant to send it along but have only now
> gotten round to it.
>
> http://news.com.com/2010-1028-5112397.html
>
> and there's also this:
>
> http://news.com.com/2009-1081-5113972.html
>
> and this:
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1028-5113744.html
>

> Also, I was grieved to hear of Kans Kraajenbrink's passing. My condolences
> to all who called him friend.
>
> Be Well All,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801