[ga] New TLDs Evaluation Process

  • To: <sebastien.bachollet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] New TLDs Evaluation Process
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:12:04 +0100
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Mr. Bachollet

I wondered if I could open a dialogue with you concerning the new TLD Evaluation Process? I should like to understand the nature of your Evaluation, being carried out for ICANN, and I should appreciate the opportunity to contribute to the process in my capacity as an individual registrant and internet user, and member of the At Large.

I have particular insights and documents relating to the launch of the .info and .biz TLDs, and a good working knowledge of the ICANN-Registry and Registry-Registrar Agreements.

I note, and approve, of your statement made in September 2001: "The role and position of end-users in world-wide internet governance issues must be reasserted and strengthened. Users should play an integral part in research being carried out, and be able to influence any decisions being made" and also what you wrote in April 2002: "We believe that transparency is paramount and support open meetings for most of the ICANN work.Users should be given a major say in ICANN affairs, with operations thus becoming more user-focused."
http://www.cigref.fr/CIGREF02/FR/actu.nsf/f4882f405d165c4bc1256a5e004ecefd/7708db17edca2db5c1256bab002ca3a7?OpenDocument

With this in mind, I should be glad to participate in the Evaluation Process, if you could tell me how I can do this?

Yours sincerely,

Richard Henderson
Icann At Large UK
(twice elected to the Icann At Large executive)