Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members

  • To: Eric Dierker <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:42:40 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, andy@xxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, Paul Twomey <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Dan halloran <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  You may be right here Eric.  But in actuality we are unlikely to
ever know the truth of this matter short a class action law suit.
Also being minus the archives for the than ML from Feb. thru
July '03 a specific amount of perhaps relevant information
that may give the truth is either lost entirely or still publicly
"unavailable".

In that such a suit is unlikely in the near term, if at all, I believe
or choose to believe that the ALAC was "Conceived" in good
faith, but went awry early on due to influences of other parties
to which have been mentioned many times before to which
those of us that have been around for awhile, know whom
those parties are.  Several of them are listed here:
http://www.icann.org/committees/alac/. Others are
not, which brings Kristy's question(s) into a more
important perspective...
goto bottom of the post...

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I do not believe it was conceived in good faith.
> It was politically expediant at the time.
> Eric
>

> >   The ALAC was conceived in good faith but subverted early on
> > and is illegitimate as anything close to representing any and all
> >stakeholders/users and seems to desire to remain so.

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801