Re: [ga] FYI - DOT.BIZ RE: Wired mag article on spammers playing traceroute games with trojaned boxes (fwd)

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] FYI - DOT.BIZ RE: Wired mag article on spammers playing traceroute games with trojaned boxes (fwd)
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:46:44 -0700
  • Cc: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxx>, suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard C. Berkowitz" <hcb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joe and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  Thanks Joe for the Wired news URL [See below].  And
yes Suresh is definitely not alone in getting allot if not most
Spam from .BIZ domain names.  A number of our members
have also been tracking and logging the same situation.

 I can only guess that ICANN is not taking any significant
steps to address this rapidly growing problem with yet
again another of it's Registries...

Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> >   Do you happen to have the link to the wired article?
>
> here it is
>
> Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:34:41 +0530
> From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: nanog@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Wired mag article on spammers playing traceroute games with
> trojaned boxes
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,60747,00.html
>
> --
> srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
> manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations
>

> > Joe Baptista wrote:
> >
> > > lots of spam problems in .biz - nanog call to clean up.
> > >
> > > regards
> > > joe
> > >
> > > Joe Baptista for Councillor City of Peterborough Town Ward 3
> > >                 Official Campaign Site @ www.joebaptista.com
> > >                      Personal Web Space @ www.baptista.god

    Pierre Abelard