Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members

Kristy and all former DNSO GA members or other stakeholders/users,

  Thank you very much for this very accurate, brief, concise, and
helpful historic summary/reminder.  Truth telling is many times
met with dislike and scorn.  Yet your integrity and courage is appreciated
by many, including myself by your staunch belief in such blunt
honesty.

Keep up the good works!  You go girl!

Kristy McKee wrote:

> No, Vittorio, you have nothing to prove to only me, but you each have a
> responsibility to Netizens in general.  A suggestion to you is not to make
> blanket statements you can not support or without supporting commentary.
>
> I reviewed the link you sent (below) and discovered that you did in fact
> lie about the ALAC members Internet experience.  You are the only technical
> person on the committee; although Roberto has much expertise he has not, as
> far as I can tell, (he can let us know what is true) ever Administrated
> Internet systems.
>
> Now, the reason for the second request, what you responded to below, is
> because the Internet changed in 1998 and those decisions were being made in
> 1996 (and earlier) and some (possibly all) of the ALAC members have played
> a variety of roles within ICANN's system.  Netizens do have the right to
> know who is representing them.  Netizens are very concerned that the people
> they voted to represent them have been kicked out of ICANN leaving them
> with no representation.
>
> Also, if the ALAC is at all concerned about "buy in" from the Internet
> community they will have to put themselves out on display like Karl
> Auerbach did so that people can feel comfortable with the idea of this system.
>
> Thank you very much for your time, consideration, and communication.
>
> :)
>
> Kristy
>
> At 02:13 PM 10/8/2003 +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> >Kristy McKee ha scritto:
> >>Vittorio,
> >>I would like to see a list of the ALAC members that details each person's
> >>Internet experience and a list of persons and companies they have
> >>received money and/or other types of donations from since 1996.
> >
> >I can't see why anyone would have to justify the last ten years of their
> >professional life to you, and, by the way, you will find most of such
> >information online at http://www.icann.org/committees/alac/. However, if
> >you want, I may send you privately my CV - there you will find all
> >information about my past employers and other activities.
> >--
> >.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
> >Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu.org
> >http://bertola.eu.org/    <-- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblog!
>
> .... W I D G I T A L, LLC .....
> .Digital Widgets Create Digits.
> .Kristy's  Desk: (612)823-3958.
> .Voice Mail/Fax: (877)889-7960.
> .3010 Hennepin Avenue SO  #295.
> .Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55408.

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801