Re: [ga] Wildcards

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Wildcards
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

--- Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hang on a second. When I put my name on that petition, I wasn't told
> it
> was organised by ALAC.
>
> As ALAC is a top-down creation of ICANN designed to sweep my rights
> under the carpet, I don't want my name on ANYTHING to do with it.
>
> Can someone please confirm whether ALAC was involved?

I created the petition on my own initiative. It wasn't affiliated with
ALAC or anything. I think Joanna meant "At Large" in a generic sense,
i.e. "the general internet populace", not any official organization.

So it's 12,000+ separate groups and individuals, not the organized "At
Large" or "ALAC" or whatever.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/