Re: [ga] Wildcards

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Wildcards
  • From: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:02:37 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 05:35 AM, Joanna Lane wrote:

Roberto,
Thanks for the update, but you do not mention the At Large Petition to Stop
Verisign Abuse as a factor in the BoD's forthcoming decision. Is this an
oversight? Surely the ALAC deems 10,000+ signatures obtained in only a
matter of hours sufficiently impressive to raise a discussion at Board level
and influence both the ALAC's and the BoD's thinking?

Hang on a second. When I put my name on that petition, I wasn't told it was organised by ALAC.

As ALAC is a top-down creation of ICANN designed to sweep my rights under the carpet, I don't want my name on ANYTHING to do with it.

Can someone please confirm whether ALAC was involved?