Re: [ga] RE: ICANN Litigation Documents website, and WLS

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Don Evans <DEvans@xxxxxxx>, "Nancy J. Victory" <nvictory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: ICANN Litigation Documents website, and WLS
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:14:58 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxx, "'Dan Halloran'" <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard and all former DNSO GA members,

  Perhaps a generous gratuity to ICANN would prompt a response
from Dan or any other ICANN BOD member to your very relevant
and important questions you posed?  Failing that, it is unlikely that
any direct, relevant or specific answers to your questions after this
much time will be forthcoming.  It has been my notice that the ICANN
BoD members for the most part as well as the ICANN staff members
only answer questions, address concerns, and or are interested in
dialog from those that have put up some $$ directly to them or
ICANN itself.  The only two exceptions to this observation that
I know of are Karl and Andy.  And if you recall Karl, even as
BoD member himself had to sue ICANN to gain reasonable
access to ALL of the ICANN's financial data/records.

And so, the saga continues....

Richard Henderson wrote:

> I have never doubted that Dan is probably a decent, personable guy in his
> personal life... and I hate having to go on and on at him about his inaction
> in certain areas... but in his professional role he has created the
> impression that he is either inefficient (unlikely) or deliberately
> unresponsive when faced with awkward issues (pretty demonstrable).
>
> Rick, however nice you or I want to be about Dan (and his young family), he
> has had responsibilities as ICANN-Registrar Liaison executive.
>
> One of those responsibilities is to address (and respond to) serious
> concerns about registrar conduct, registrar accreditation, the operability
> of Registry/Registrar agreements drafted by ICANN etc etc.
>
> Why should detailed and demonstrable concerns, discussed and taken seriously
> by others, be left unanswered by Dan Halloran?
>
> Why have I had to wait over 500 days for even the courtesy of a response
> from Dan Halloran.
>
> Sorry, Rick, but your comments on Dan's young family life don't completely
> hold water. I, too, have a young family. Other's have sick parents. People
> attempt to participate in ICANN. People spend time in detailed
> correspondence, aimed at the public good, and written with care and
> attention.
>
> I have spent my precious family time trying to participate in ICANN.
>
> Doesn't that, at least, deserve the courtesy of an acknowledgement from Dan
> Halloran?
>
> I genuinely wish Dan well, but I genuinely want a response.
>
> Yrs,
>
> Richard Henderson

    Pierre Abelard
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801