Re: [ga] Re: ICANN before the US Senate...

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 15:57, Karl Auerbach wrote:
<snip>
> I know it, you know it, we all know it.  But we have to look to the legal
> realities to figure out what things can be used as levers and which can
> not.  It will cost time and money to pull those levers - and I don't see a
> lot of ICANN-critical folks out there wandering the hallways in DC or
> visiting their congress critters to express their disgust at ICANN's ways.
> I see quite the contrary - those who have found ICANN to be a boon to
> their businesses are quite active and use highly skilled (and frequently
> quite honorable and personable) people to maintain close contact in DC
> with administrative and legislative staffs and principals.
>
> 		--karl--

And isn't this the way of many things in DC?  The interests of those
with the money in hand is always before the interests of those who COULD
make money.  It's not about right or wrong; it's not even about the
law.  It's about who has the megaphone and who has the right posturing -
both of which take money.

Gene...