[ga] Email? Non!

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxx, Atlarge-admin <Atlarge-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Email? Non!
  • From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:39:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FYI:

"PARIS - Goodbye "e-mail", the French government says, and hello "courriel" — the term that linguistically sensitive France is now using to refer to electronic mail in official documents.

The Culture Ministry has announced a ban on the use of "e-mail" in all government ministries, documents, publications or Web sites, the latest step to stem an incursion of English words into the French lexicon."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030718/ap_on_fe_st/france_out_with__e_mail__1

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

--
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.