Re: .name WHOIS accuracy (was Re: [ga] repost: Domain not available)

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: .name WHOIS accuracy (was Re: [ga] repost: Domain not available)
  • From: Hugo Monteiro <hugo.monteiro@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:00:17 +0000

Hello Chuck,

It's not just a case of MX records. If you read the response for the dig
command you will see that status for smith.name domain is NOERROR while for
mafalda.name is a clear NXDOMAIN, meaning it does not exist.
I also take the chance to clarify that Mafalda is a first name, and not a
surname. The premises used don't really apply.
Even so, I would like to register a 3rd level domain name, in the
mafalda.name hierarchy. Please tell me how can i do it since i can't seem
to find a way to do it. No registrar knows the 2nd level domain apparently.
I even tried getting some information www.mafalda.name doesn't exist also
(must be the same problem as with the MX records?). But i did try smith.nameand
john.name. Both opened up a "advertised parking page" from directnic. Is
that supposed to happen?
Is it just me that finds all this highly irregular?

Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.