[ga] repost: Domain not available

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] repost: Domain not available
  • From: Hugo Monteiro <hugo.monteiro@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 07:58:53 +0000

This is a repost of a message i sent to compliance@xxxxxxxxx, which
apparently is the proper address to report these kind of activities. This
repost, into this list, is happening since the original message was sent
six days ago and i have not received any response, not even an automated
aknowledgement.

--- snip ---

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have tried to register the domain mafalda.name on October 31 of 2012.
It was a domain name that was registered by someone else and that had let
the registry expire.
I have checked the domain availability by querying the whois database,
which confirmed me that the domain name was not found on the database.
I have tried to register the domain through two different registrars. They
both accepted my registry submission but later have told me that the domain
was not available after all.
I have submitted this issue to the GA mailing list and received response
from Mr Atif Beg telling me to further inquire the reasons of this
behaviour and to submit this complain if i was to find that there was
evidence of non compliance (~PDW-469171).
My further inquiry was directly made to Network Solutions, which manages
the .name space and i was told, back then, that the particular domain was
being reserved for third level registrations only. That was not the case
for the previous registration since the second level domain mafalda.name was
registered by someone else before.
It's now the 10th of January, two and a half months have gone by, and still
that domain is not listed on the whois database and i still cannot register
it either. This behavior is unacceptable and Network Solutions is
performing domain squatting in the hopes that there are many interested
parties so that they can market the domain for third level registration
only.
Please take the appropriate actions so that the domain name mafalda.name gets
available for registration, like it already should be, by now.

Best Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--- snip ---

Again, i can't stress how unfortunate all these matters are.

Best regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : hugo.monteiro@xxxxxxxxxx
Telefone : +351 212947894
                +351 212948300 Ext.15307

Divisão de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
                  Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212947894   Fax: +351 212948548
www.fct.unl.pt                apoio@xxxxxxxxxx

fct.unl.pt:~# _