[ga] US Government Seizes Torrent Search Engine Domain

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] US Government Seizes Torrent Search Engine Domain
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:08:20 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

All,

As an FYI, see:
http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-government-seizes-bittorrent-search-engine-domain-and-more-101126/
and
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/27/technology/27torrent.html?_r=1

The US Internet black helocopters have arrived!  Seems
that Torrent-Finder.com couldn't behave properly after
what has been a ongoing feud with the public regarding
their behavior, so action was taken accordingly.  One can
argue if such action was appropriate or even legal of
course.  So those website domain names that are engaged
or suspected of enguaging in 'Piracy' will be potentially
facing siezier and potential prosecution accordingly.

  FWIW, I think we are going to see many, many more of these
seiziers in the next few months and years, rightly or wrongly.

   Abraham Lincoln

Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214-244-4827