[ga] The Monopolies That Dominate the Internet

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lauren@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] The Monopolies That Dominate the Internet
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:33:40 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

All,

  Finnaly some realizm!  Thank god!  However I have no problem what
so ever doing without Google or Facebook.  I also can't immagine
anyone else having trouble in doing without Facebook especially, and
even Google.
See:
Tim Wu has a piece up at the Wall Street Journal pointing out that the
free-market, open Internet "competition in its purest form" has
evolved to be
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704635704575604993311538482.html?mod=rss_Technologydominated
 by monopolies. Wu argues that this is nothing
new, and that each wave of information technology in the US has followed
a similar pattern. "Today's Internet borders will probably change
eventually, especially as new markets appear. But it's hard to avoid the
conclusion that we are living in an age of large information monopolies.
Could it be that the free market on the Internet actually tends toward
monopolies? Could it even be that demand, of all things, is actually
winnowing the online free market that Americans, so diverse and
individualistic, actually love these monopolies? ... Info-monopolies tend
to be good-to-great in the short term and bad-to-terrible in the long
term."

   Abraham Lincoln

Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214-244-4827