[ga] Libya Takes Hard Line On Link Shortening Domains

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Libya Takes Hard Line On Link Shortening Domains
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:45:03 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

All,

  As predicted some years ago now seems that Libya has taken
upon itself as the host nation of the .ly ccTLD to insure that
domain names registered in their name space are more 'Family
friendly' and in compliance with whatever standard(s) in Lybia
that would determine same...???  I wonder if such standards are
documented and articulated fully accordingly.
See:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11484751

  Note: I wonder how many requests from various countries to
hosting services or Registrars for .com, .net, .org, .info, .mobi,
and or any other name space TLD, generic or otherwise, will be
recieving even more to a flood of requests/demands for DMCA takedown's
due to 'questionable content or use'?  My guess is the number will
be growing rather rapidly as will similar for IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
for similar reasons.  Of course this activity should give civil liberty
lawyers a boon in new business and be filling up the court dockets in
some countries with such cases for years to come.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 300k members/stakeholders and growing,
strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx