Re: [ga] VeriSign reopening the Pandora's box of auctioning expired domains

  • Subject: Re: [ga] VeriSign reopening the Pandora's box of auctioning expired domains
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:24:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

George and all,

  To me anyway this only demonstrates that originally ICANN
made a mistake in the allowance of single letter domain names
back when Mike Roberts was CEO and nixed the idea.  So now registries
have the opertunity to reap financial benifits through sale
of these previously non-allowed DN's.  The thing that's wrong
with this is that the original desired registrants for single
digit DN's are now getting cheated after the fact as well as
before the fact.  That's just plain wrong!