[ga] Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] ICANN touts DNSSEC as tool to fight "Internet Criminals"

  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ PRIVACY Forum ] ICANN touts DNSSEC as tool to fight "Internet Criminals"
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 16:51:52 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Lauren and all,

  Rod is fairly accurate in his statement, and DNSSEC is
a small step in a positive direction.  DNScurve and stronger
encryption would have been far better adjunct to DNSSEC, but
NIST decided that 256k or Sha-2 is good enough even though
1024k has already been broken.  Next thing that needs to be done
and should have already been is security hardening SRS, a strictly
ICANN function, and requiring the implimentation of IPSEC for all
registries and registrars and centeralizing Whois as well as securing
some of the records there unto pertaining.  But I doubt that ICANN
nor the 'Accredited' registries or registrars will be very willing to
do any of these anytime soon.