Re: [ga] Re: [ PFIR ] Religious groups and adult entertainment industry join to fight dot-ex-ex-ex

  • To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility announcement list <pfir@xxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pfir-list@xxxxxxxx, imatx26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx, icann-board@xxxxxxxxx, jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx, lauren@xxxxxxxx, rod_beckstrom@xxxxxxxxx, SenateWebmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, senator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [ PFIR ] Religious groups and adult entertainment industry join to fight dot-ex-ex-ex
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:52:48 -0700 (PDT)

Funny but not too funny.  This is exactly what the industry has been doing
since before Postels' death.

And on the other hand you got your IP saying "you can't use this or that".  I
do not think we should rewrite laws on this one.
I do not think that Burger King (tm) is or should want to be protected in the
smut arena.  By golly I hope it is a different use that is not covered by
hamburger sales.  Yikes, I hope a Cadillac car is not confused with a Cadillac
???.  I do not think USC need worry that there Mascot will be mistaken for a
condom. Donkey Kong should have nothing to worry about with the TJ Donkey --
whatever.
And I hate to tell you but Hedonism is/can/and has been a religion.  Sometimes
we might confuse one group as having aclu.

From: Jeffrey A. Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility announcement list
<pfir@xxxxxxxx>; ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; pfir-list@xxxxxxxx; imatx26@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx; icann-board@xxxxxxxxx; jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx; lauren@xxxxxxxx;