Re: [ga] List of Domain Names

  • To: Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List of Domain Names
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:44:11 -0700 (PDT)

Debbie,

Did you think this through?  Assume something really much smaller than it is.
10 TLD(cc's too) Xs 24 hrs a day Xs 20 registered per hour + 20 expired or
transferred per hour. Now include IDNs. Now assume they all compete. Now assume
200 jurisdictions. Now assume ten percent error. Now assume 5 percent
shannanigans. Now assume 4 court/judicial orders per hour-effecting such.  And
start the whole thing off by assuming 2 million to start with.

Obviously Verising/NetSol group is huge along with GoDaddy,, and yet some
countries are literally manual,, but actually UK and CN dwarf the above numbers
all by themselves. Just in those two you have well over 300 counties/provences
that could effect registration.

So counting trees in this forest would be like painting the Golden Gate Bridge
or counting Square board inch in a 10 hectare bamboo farm.
Particulars are astoundingly irrelevant to the mass. When we deal here with
individual cases, we must assume a bochuliszm type importance, -- that one
millionth of a grain could infect a whole population.