[ga] Identification is good, hidden agendas bad

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Identification is good, hidden agendas bad
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 20:19:26 -0700 (PDT)

Verification is a great Idea.  Constituencies need verification for membership.
Whois needs some ID process. Illegal Immigrants to a foreign country need some
ID.  Most Privacy hinges on identification and ownership of Self. Property
Rights stem from some sanctity of the individual.  Intellectual Property and
Business ownership requires a founding Individual at the least.

However from Bejing to Calcutta to Mexico to East Berlin to Birmingham lack of
property ownership and caste systems and religious or political discrimination
has always been a basis for denying the individual rights. The mechanisms used
to enforce exclusion and Less Than individual Rights have always been a
calculated discriminatory identification and acknowledgement system. Be careful
you do not elevate your precious ID systems to the height of determining Human
Worth.