[ga] Re: NAF Panelists and Complainants Caught Systematically Copying/Pasting Nonsense Into UDRP Decisions

  • Subject: [ga] Re: NAF Panelists and Complainants Caught Systematically Copying/Pasting Nonsense Into UDRP Decisions
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:59:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

To followup, NAF was also highly criticized in a new report by the National
Consumer Law Center, see:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/collectors-still-threaten-to-use-forced-arbitration-to-deny-rights-to-millions-of-credit-card-holders-91815144.html
 http://www.nclc.org/forcedarbitration The law center's interests in the US
Supreme Court case appear to be aligned with those of domain name registrants,
who are also consumers.

According to the summary of the ICANN Board Meeting posted at:

http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-22apr10-en.htm

the ICANN Board is not taking seriously the UDRP problems that exist (item #9,
no resolutions, just "discussion"). ICANN also continues to refuse to provide
transcripts and audio recordings of board meetings, as per my comments at:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/reconsideration-request-10-1/msg00000.html

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/