Re: [ga] Weekly posting summary for ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Weekly posting summary for ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Thomas Narten <narten@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:05:03 -0400

FYI, these stats have been off for a few weeks. (I know the issue was
raised earlier, but I didn't look closely enough.)

The weekly mail stats are generated based on the messages delivered to
*my* mailbox every week. However, our internal spam filters have
apparently changed recently, and some legitimate mail is apparently
getting dropped. All of Joe's messages (3 this week) appear to fall
under that category, but there are others.

I am working with my IT folk to correct the situation. They have
confirmed that our internal filters are discarding the mail, so it is
NOT, I repeat NOT, something caused by ICANN or that they can fix.

Apologies for any inconviences.

Thomas