Re: [ga] 1. continuing inter-registrar transfer violations 4/08 Advisory

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] 1. continuing inter-registrar transfer violations 4/08 Advisory
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 16:49:49 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Andy and all,

  I herd/read you the first time and fully understand this dynamic
as you rightly deliniate it.  What's important though is that ICANN's
RAA's determine the nature of the cash flow from the Registrant through
the Registrar and that the Registrar is responsible as an Accredited
Registrar of ICANN to "Police" it's operation.  GoDaddy is not only
not doing so adaquately but in addition in respect to transfer requests
is denying of delaying such at the detrament of the requested registrant.
Ergo GoDaddy in this instance is retaining revinue it should not, and
ICANN is recieving part of that revenue under on very questionable
grounds.  Therefore it falls to the ICANN staff to exercise it's
duty to the registrant community to get it's Accredited Registrar,
GoDaddy in line or dis-accredit same without further delay and seek
alternitives for those existing Registrants accordingly.