[ga] 1. continuing inter-registrar transfer violations 4/08 Advisory

  • To: Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] 1. continuing inter-registrar transfer violations 4/08 Advisory
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 20:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

Danny,

Continuing with your issues -- you wrote

""1.  we continue to have ongoing violations of inter-registrar transfer
consensus policy by GoDadddy (through their 60-day lock upon WHOIS change) in
spite of the April 2008 Advisory on the topic.""

Some research and issue orientation :-)

See: http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/   ;

Here is a pretty good snapshot of where we were in 2004:
http://www.circleid.com/posts/icann_transfer_policy_domain_hijacking_got_easier_or_did_it/

Here is pretty much the latest and greatest: http://syd.icann.org/node/4027

Here is a reflective dialogue on the subject of the April Advisory: