RE: [ga] Advisory: Availability of Bulk Transfers in Individual gTLDs

  • To: "'Danny Younger'" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Advisory: Availability of Bulk Transfers in Individual gTLDs
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:03:12 +0100

Danny wrote:

-- so why
> couldn't VeriSign advise the public that a serious issue existed?

Because it was a termination notice, which would imply that Red Register
were given time to comply with the notice - pay up or else.

If Verisign were to advise the public that Red Register were in trouble that
would seriously damage the company's credibility and they could hold
Verisign to account.  Especially if Red Register then raised finance to
comply with the notice.  The damage to the reputation of the business would
already be done and Red Register would have little or no chance of regaining
its reputation.

On the other hand, there are procedures in place to safe guard the domain
name holders.

Best regards

Debbie