Re: [ga] "Hello World" from ICANN

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] "Hello World" from ICANN
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

Danny,

Just who do you think ICANN is accountable to?

ICANN is accountable to those who hold them accountable.  That is you and me.
The fact that no one dances around all excited about ICANN's wrongs when we
hold them accountable is our problem.  All groups heretofor gathered and
rallied are those who want to be a part of ICANN not those who want to hold
them accountable.  We are few. We are divided and we are worn out. We are
condemned. We are ostercized. We are brutally defamed.

Well this affirmation affirms what we have been doing.  It puts recognition and
tribute, not to ICANN but to those of us who have been holding them
accountable. It is clearly saying that the system works, in spite of ICANN, and
because of those who hold it accountable.

The bad news is, you still do not get paid, you still do not get invited to the
tea and crumpet gatherings, there still is no place in the Inn for you to lay
your head.  The only reward a good government ever gives it's most valuable
citizens is freedom. You see if you are rewarded for your work then you are
beholding, and not free to think.

cogitoergosum