RE: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Question to ICANN Staff
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 06:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

While I appreciate the helpful speculation from GA-list members, I deem it
important to obtain an answer from Staff.

When ICANN implemented the registrar data escrow program it was stipulated that:

"The data held in escrow may be released to ICANN upon termination of a
registrar's accreditation agreement or expiration of the accreditation
agreement without renewal to facilitate transfer of registrations from the
failed registrar to another registrar."

It's important for us to know if this process is working.

The most recent semi-annual compliance report indicated, for example, that:
"ICANN also found DropLimited.com, Inc (DropLimited.com) to be in breach of its
RAA in three specific areas. First, it failed to escrow gTLD registration data"

We need to know if there are still registrars out there that aren't escrowing
their data.  Was this such a case?  I'm looking for a greater degree of
transparency from the compliance team.