Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com needs a new leader too

  • To: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] icannatlarge.com needs a new leader too
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 06:02:19 -0700 (PDT)

Joop,

Always good to here from ya. Pretty excited about Sidney eh? You taught Danny,
Y Park and me a thing or two there at Melbourne -- Perhaps even Vint and Karl
and Roberto.

I think this projects time has come.  Two reasons. I think we are over the
problem of user vs registrant -- totally independent and seperate. And the
movement can now exist, yes within ICANN, but also without. We now need this
group as a lobbying, advocating and balance group to temper the registrars and
registries.

I think this ties in well with the TLDA effort and the reasons for Danny's
lull. There is something of a natural ebb and flow and convergence in the works.