Re: [ga] ICANN Disclosure

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Disclosure
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 20:38:05 -0700

Eric and all,

  I for one am not sure what you mean.  Whom is lucky about
what exactly?  Seems to me that keeping the banking and financial
departments of the government and now the 19 banks that the
US taxpayer is a stock holder in, secret and asking the banks to
do the same is certainly not Transparent nor wise.  Now if
what you are drawing a comparison as to ICANN in respect
to transparency and the banining/financial industry to which we
as citizens are all now stockholders all be it held in trust by
the Treasury and the Fed.  also demonstrates setting a bad
example as to transparency as well...  However ICANN is
a private non-profit corporation which did not take government
money giving them some latitude.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Future of open and transparent and full disclosure does not look to
  good for ICANN. If they will do this with banks, what would they do
  with the internet? I linked it to the "buzz" line just to make sure I
  was not over thunkin
  it.
http://buzz..yahoo.com/article/1:y_news:141b954aacc1d29acb113ee378c17db6/Banks-asked-to-keep-quiet-on-stress-tests-Reuters
 Fair
  to say by these new standards we are quite lucky here.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827