Re: [ga] When does the ICANN vote on how to theif the TLDS

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] When does the ICANN vote on how to theif the TLDS
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 19:32:55 -0700

Eric and all,

Comprende muy bien!  Pero, esta es no esta bien, es muy malo.

  ICANN does not really have the legal right to whom has what TLD,
even though they have been granting same via some yet to be legally
defined
or even well excepted process to appear to be ordained to do so.  To
date and sense 1996, only Network solutions has exclusive "Rights"
to any TLD, via government contract agreement that is still extant.

  As such to the above, Domain Names, which are associated with
a TLD are not actually owned, but rather leased, which is why a
registrant pays a fee for such.  This yet again begs the question
is a Domain Name Tradmarkable, which implies, but does not
guarantee ownership of that Domain Name if successfully Trademarked
by USPTO or another governments in the case of a ccTLD, equivalent.

  But to make another long story and road short, haven't many of us
been down this road before?  I believe we have, perhaps that was
before your involvement Eric?  None the less the archives of such
are available for verification and would be prima fascia evidence
should the need or desire arise.  I also have an exact independent
archived copy of same should ICANN's mysteriously disappear or
be "Inadvertently" deleted or "creatively Edited", as has happened
on this forums archives by our old friend Kent Crispin by his own
admission as I recall.

  The history here may be lengthy, strained, and convoluted, but
can be, and has many times been traced with very good accuracy
which again would be of evidentiary quality.

  Mr. Baxter's frustration and anger/disgust is surely justified, but
misdirected.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Goodness gracious good sir! Things are not done that way here. Soiled
  dirty acts like thieving are not done by ICANN at all. The theory
  being; that if you do not enforce policies and implement standards
  then the cannibal pariah concept comes into full play. Think of this:
  We all say that we must go to work and make money. When in fact we all
  go to work and take money. Earning money and rightful ownership are
  really quite irrelevant.The TLD program works on the basis that you
  take what you can get. You simply cannot steal what neither belongs
  to, nor is rightfully someone elses. Now give me your/my watch
  damn-it. Comprende?