[ga] Google.com and abusive Domain name?: Angry Villagers Run Google Out of Town

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN SSAC <ssac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Google.com and abusive Domain name?: Angry Villagers Run Google Out of Town
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 03:13:43 -0700

All,

  Now does this action by a reasonable Brittish citizen give
good credence that perhaps Google's business practices
with it's "Street View" which is broadcast on the Internet,
as an abusive use of their Domain Name?  Isn't ICANN
through the SSAC supposed to be monitoring this sort of
activity along with DOC/NTIA?  Seems to me that this
ongoing practice by Google is very close to reckless
endangerment under the law...  Not to mention creating
a certainly not needed International incident with our friends
in Great Britain, which the US can ill afford.

  FWIW, it is my opinion that Google should be concealed
in no uncertain terms that they should seriously consider
discontinuing "Street View" permanently.  The benefits are
not worth the detriments...

See: http://tech.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=09/04/02/1731231

"A Google Street View car has been
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/250698/angry-villagers-run-google-out-of-town.html
chased out of a British village by angry residents. The car was taking
photographs of Broughton in Buckinghamshire for Google's when it
was spotted by a local resident who warned the car not to enter the
village then roused his neighbors, who surrounded the vehicle until the
driver performed a U-turn and left. 'This is an affluent area,'
protester
Paul Jacobs said. 'We've already had three burglaries locally in the
past
six weeks. If our houses are plastered all over Google it's an
invitation
for more criminals to strike. I was determined to make a stand, so I
called the police.'"

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827