Re: [ga] Stupid doggone warms

  • To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Stupid doggone warms
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:16:34 -0700 (PDT)

I just thought it was funny. I read and enjoy Circle ID and always have. I
remember well before they were around and their coming into being. Personally I
prefer Samuels take on spelling and punctuation.

On a serious note in this genre: I think that we should always be careful not
to judge a person by their clothes or website or car. We should be quite
careful with the written word. Especially with all the great contributors here
that go that extra mile for us and converse in ESL. Far better for us to learn
from them than to be blinded by their use of the imperfect language of English,
especially American.

My father Dr. Hugh Dierker used to love to point out to those well healed
"Don't dare look down on that man because of his ragged dirty clothes, they
probably got that way from working". More often than not the same can be said
for language.