Re: [ga] Photonenbomber have hit Frankfurt

  • To: peter@xxxxxxxx, Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Photonenbomber have hit Frankfurt
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 03:47:46 -0800 (PST)

Been awhile. I think there is a little park between the Zeil (?) district and
the Main, kind of near St. Katherines. Lost my youth in that park, 72.. (not
that youth!!!) I was taking a break from the hubbub in Munchen. And at first I
thought the news was about a bunch of Partying Jewish Athletes in the Olympic
tent city in Munchen. Turned out it was my first 911. There had been some
black & white tension, so in Aleman to Englais the translation indicated blacks
were involved. They were not Black at all but someone named the infamous month
after them.
Reason it fits here is, that I was working on an Olympic style internet project
for outreach on the GA when our 911 came down. A lot was lost again in
translation. Everything changed and outreach was forgotten. Some things are
good not to forget.
Germany has survived alot, let us hope the GA does also. And outreach can rize
again, as a phoenix like Frankfurts' St. Barts.