Re: [ga] ICANN's Fellowship Program

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN's Fellowship Program
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:20:28 -0800

Eric and all,

  Yes it is a trip in more than one way!  >:)  For instance, take
a close look at
http://www.icann.org/en/fellowships/terms-and-conditions.htm
As stated in this link, due to my companies personal security
requirements
and our signed agreements with the State Department, I could not
provide the information the ICANN travel folks seem to require given
ICANN's own documented and known lack of proper security processes
and proceedures/practices.  >:(  This, my situation is disappointing
as I was all ready to jump all over your suggestion personally in
applying for an ICANN fellowship to offset any travel costs that
may/would ensue in attending certain ICANN meetings/junkets.

  This said, it still seems that your original suggestion Eric is a good

idea for some stakeholders whom feel or are disenfranchised and/or
under-recognized.

  trip;http://www.icann.org/en/fellowships/