RE: [ga] Fwd: [ NNSquad ] AP: "China targets Google in crackdown onpornography" (plus a comment)

  • To: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Fwd: [ NNSquad ] AP: "China targets Google in crackdown onpornography" (plus a comment)
  • From: "Karl E. Peters" <tlda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:46:45 -0700

font-size:10pt;"><div>Jeff and all,</div>
and worked there, as well. While China's screaming at Google may help pressure
for better active policy here, it is not really an effort to eliminate ghastly
stuff from their people's reach, but more likely to protect a market that only
the Chinese military is big enough to get away with there, and has for a LONG
time. </div>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px;
BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: verdana" webmail="1">
] AP: "China targets Google in<BR>crackdown onpornography" (plus a
comment)<BR>From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" &lt;jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Date:
Sun, January 04, 2009 10:18 pm<BR>To: Joe Baptista
&lt;baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>Cc: Ga &lt;ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;, nnsquad
&lt;nnsquad@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;, <BR>Lauren Weinstein &lt;lauren@xxxxxxxxxx&gt;,
Vint Cerf &lt;vint@xxxxxxxxxx&gt;, <BR>"Peretti, Kimberly Kiefer"
&lt;Kimberly.Peretti@xxxxxxxxx&gt;, GAC Rep<BR>&lt;ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;,
DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep &lt;aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><BR><BR>Dr. Joe and
all,<BR><BR>I for one am glad to see that China is finnaly clamping down
on<BR>Porn in at least some fashion, all be it that their own
countrymen<BR>whom are registrants, and registrars are as guilty of
proliferating<BR>same.<BR>Google has sense it's inception has been with it's
Search Engine<BR>technology<BR>tempting fate and enabling to Pornographers, and
proliferators of same<BR>of all sorts. Yahoo as well are as guilty. Yet for
whatever reason(s)<BR>our governments ( Canada and US ) are amongst several
that have<BR>turned mostly a blind eye to the major proliferators, i.e. Google,
ect.,<BR><BR>of such. One can only wonder why?<BR><BR>So we all can hope that
Vint Cerf will with his "Evanglistic"<BR>role/position<BR>within Google,
Evangelize to change Googles enabeling ways of<BR>proliferating<BR>Porn. So far
it appears evident in China that those efforts are far<BR>less than exceptable.
So why are they excpetable in the US, Canada, and<BR>in