Re: [ga] CRAI MDR meeting

  • To: hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] CRAI MDR meeting
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:58:13 -0800

Eric and all,

  Thanks for the input, as if we all didn't already know.  But it
seems that you inadvertently made the case for keeping Guantanamo
detention facility open for a few more years!  >:)

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> Well I confirmed a few conceptions regarding this process in
  MDR. "Staff" are very nice, seemingly professional and their only
  dilemmas faced are regarding how best to keep their jobs. If doing the
  right thing was ever remotely considered they hid it with the talent
  of a master spy. Honesty as opposed to diplomacy is clearly not in
  their lexicon. Again though they are very nice, bright and
  "helpful". Those with an motivation to speak were so clearly self
  promoting that it could have been irritating if not so satirically
  humorous. I have neither read nor heard anyone whose interest in the
  process is "so it will work". It is all about who will benefit from
  doing it one way or the other. I know that a brainchild conceived in
  such an environment is destined to fail or do evil. All this
  egotistical self interest is wonderful and why not? However doing the
  right thing for the sake of doing the right thing is further away from
  their reality than the onetime planet Pluto (which was discovered in
  my hometown of Flagstaff by Perciful Lowell -- actually he did not
  discover it so much as prove it's existence. Relevant because we will
  not discover societal best interest in ICANN but someone may surprise
  us and prove it exists) is from Earth. I like those who propose that
  they speak with some kind of historical, intellectual and educational
  authority. Because you can immediately discount what they are trying
  to convince you of and instantaneously recognize their benefit if
  things go their way.  Perhaps the system can change and develop
  processes that will combine to create consensus of what is right. But
  probably our only hope is if the people change. (however you chose to
  read that) Eric

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827