[ga] Re: [At-Large] ALAC vote on RAA now open -- and it sucks

  • To: At-Large Worldwide <at-large@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, icann legal <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN Policy staff <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [At-Large] ALAC vote on RAA now open -- and it sucks
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:14:22 -0800

Danny and all,

  Haven't many of us seen this sort of thing before?  I believe we have.
Yet history repeats itself again and again when it comes to ICANN.
Like a broken record.

  Further still, as the vast majority of Internet users are not aware of
the very existance of the ALAC, and those that are, are by some
skewed mechnism or personal vendeta not even able to cast a vote.
One than has to wonder how can ICANN under such contrived
mechnisims consider ICANN as an organization, able to properly
manage effectively or more importantly honestly, their stated
requirements under the MOU as this vote is curcial to those
responsibilities and the effect they may or will likely have on every
Domain Name holder perhaps far into the future.