[ga] Re: [ PFIR ] How to Destroy Yahoo

  • To: PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility announcement list <pfir@xxxxxxxx>, Lauren Weinstein <lauren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ PFIR ] How to Destroy Yahoo
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:44:57 -0700

Lauren and all,

  I for one, as are all of our members in favor of shutting
Yahoo down all together.  The huge amounts of spam and
miss configured DNS aiding and abetting the spread of same,
as well as malware, spyware, and viruses, as well as enabling
the spread of phishing is enough justification for Yahoo to be
shut down permanently.  For example as to miss configured
DNS by Yahoo.com, see:
http://member.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnslite.php?r=homepage&domain=yahoo.com

and
http://private.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=yahoo.com&token=27c02ee38f91b9d3153637842b61a019

  As such, and quite frankly, I for one could care less what Yahoo's
financial condition is.  It has arrived at that position largely due,
IMO, to their errant, perhaps illegal, and arrogant business attitude
accordingly.  Ergo, they deserve no "Bailout" of any sort.  The will
get nothing what so ever from myself and our members but or
absolute disdain.